August 07, 2009

Commando

I always knew I was too......free for you.
You said, I can’t BELIEVE you’re going commando,
and I said, well I may not be wearing panties,
but at least I have command over my finances,
jesus, why worry about underpants when
you can’t even balance a checkbook!

You were so stuffy,
and I licked fluffy frosting from cupcakes,
while you counted calories and shook an accusing finger
at my curvy hips,
and you made lists of things to do while I dreamt of
sea-faring on the south seas,
and sub-saharan safaris, and salads with so many
ingredients that they more or less became stew.
And you were always in such a hurry,
and I’d say, darling, don’t worry,
everything will be just fine,
‘cause you’re all mine,
and I would never let you be late for your movie time,
and that was what you did,
you sweated the small stuff,
and me? Well you always knew that I was
unable to say no,
and that spot behind my ear
pretty much sealed the deal, dear,
but it wasn’t always about sex, no, if it were,
then things probably would have turned out terrific,
no, it was about you not seeing me,
and about me needing to be touched
in a certain way that said -hey, I missed you today-
I didn’t need to hear it ALL the time, just once in a while,
I didn’t care if you could tell when my hair was different,
or I got a new dress,
I wanted you to get off the couch when I came home
from a long weekend away, and sweep me into your arms,
but instead you played Halo on X-Box Live,
and I got grumpy, and you told me to chill out,
so you moved out,
and I moved on,
but now there’s new movement on your front,
because you’re saying it’s all changed now,
that things are different somehow,
but I’m afraid you can’t change the core of something,
of someone,
you are always going to be angry, and pessimistic,
and just generally unhappy,
and I’m always going to be,
well, I’m always gonna see purples where you see greys,
and today, will always be my favorite day,
and if you see an ass showing panty lines,
you can bet money, sir, that ass is not mine.

2 comments:

Lori said...

LOVE IT! It shows the confident, bold, Anna. My Anna!

Romantic Discontent said...

I hope, like you Anna, to see purples where others see greys. . .